NS-SPS 102 – GST/HST – THE GOOD, BAD & UGLY
This course will break down the really complex topic of GST/HST in a fun and easily digestible way so you can ensure you cover your butt when it comes to GST/HST. GST/HST – it’s a bigger shit-show than you may think.
When you take this course you will:
- Know the GST/HST BASICS
- When you need to charge, what you need to charge and what you need to do once you’ve registered
- Understand Input Tax Credits: Who What Where When & Why?
- Understand how the different GST/HST rates work when selling in or outside of Canada depending on whether you’re selling
- Digital Products
- Recognize that PST exists and what to do about it
What you get:
- One-year access to course tutorials
- A planning tool for life!
- Ability to open excel spreadsheet, PDF documents, online video streaming (aka the Internet)
Suggested Pre-requisite(s): NS-SPS 101 This course is ideal for:
Most Canadian sole-proprietors (or those who are just starting out) who sell goods, services and digital products
Service-based sole-proprietors/freelancers, crafters, artisans, retail & online shops, bloggers, artists, info-preneurs, fitness-preneurs etc
- Sole-Props in the following industries:
- Real property/leaseholds (realtors)
- Financial Services
- Legal Services
- Motor Vehicle/Cars
- Digital Products relating to any of the above industries
- This course also specifically excludes the following industries: long-haul truck drivers, mining, oil & gas, industrial manufacturing
“It was mind blowing. I found all of them [the modules] fun. They’re fun because your energy is fun. I LOVE that you can make the most difficult and “boring” really entertaining and fun to watch. The way that you present taxes made me actually WANT to tackle that part of my business instead of leaving it to the last minute. You’re super motivating.”Carol Dano, Web Designer, Sole-Propper
“I’m so happy I did it. I just did my 30 mins of bookkeeping for the month before answering this email and it feels damn good to be on top of my shit now. I get what I’m supposed to do! I feel lucky that you had this program out when you did, just in time for my first tax season as a sole prop. I’m a lucky lady. You’re great!”Emily Bennet, ND, Doula & Sole-Propper
“Thank YOU so so much for making me feel like I am not: a) incredibly unaware of how to run my business and b) not running a shoddy back alley flower shop. So glad to have your help and guidance ( huge sigh of relief)”Rebecca DeOliverier, Blush and Bloom, Sole-Propper
“Taking my business to the next level was stunted by my lack of confidence and knowledge in financials. Having a clear separation between my personal and business finances has made me take the business more seriously; transforming it from a weekend craft into an empire that supports me full time. I’m living the dream, and never have to count a receipt again thanks to Sole-Prop School!”Jordana Halpert, Simple Studs, Sole-Propper
Meet Your Teacher
Shannon Lee Simmons
Shannon is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Investment Manager (CIM), media personality, personal finance expert and founder of the New School of FinanceTM. She loves helping everyday people survive the new economic climate through personal finance, ethical investing and small business advice. Simmons is widely recognized as a trailblazer in the Canadian financial planning industry and an expert in Millennial personal finances and the digital world and it’s relationship to our money. She was named one of Canada’s Top 30 Under 30 and she recently won the 2014 Notable Award for Best In Finance. She is a regular financial expert on CTV News and also appears as a financial expert in the media, a regular contributor for Toronto Star’s Money Makeover and BBC Capital and host of Coral TV’s Money Awesomeness. Shannon travels across the country speaking for some of Canada’s largest corporations and universities including IBM Canada, The Canadian Women’s Foundation, University of Toronto, Ryerson University and Bishops University to name a few.
NOT SO FINE PRINT
- Please ensure you have read the Pre-Requisites and Course Restrictions for this course before signing up
- This course is not financial or tax advice. The information in this course is for educational purposes only.
- The information in this course does NOT replace the information in the Income tax act or it’s Regulations.
- For all Quebec residents, the information given in this course is federally oriented and may not take specific tax differences for Quebec into account as Quebec residents may be subject to specific rules that are outside the scope of this course. We invite you to get in touch with us at email@example.com for more information before you purchase to confirm whether this course will suit your needs.
- Les renseignements fournis dans le cadre de ce cours concernent surtout le palier fédéral et peuvent ne pas tenir compte des différentes règles fiscales auxquelles sont soumis les résidents du Québec. Nous vous encourageons à communiquer avec nous à l’adresse firstname.lastname@example.org pour obtenir de plus amples renseignements avant votre inscription, afin de vérifier si ce cours vous convient.